Saturday, December 5, 2009

A good looking new tuk-tuk.


Tuk-tuk's are all over but we never use them. I hate the bargaining hassle with their drivers. Bargaining, in my opinion, is a waste of time and energy. Taxies here have meters and the flag drop is 35 baht, about a dollar. It is just easier on the nerves to use a taxi although I remember the day when we used tuk-tuk's and it was fun. Now with the sky train we rarely even use a taxi, mostly just to and from the airport. We walk a lot, which isn't as easy as it sounds, if you remember the awful sidewalk conditions. I remember Onny and I discussing sidewalks in Saudi before we left. They were in poor repair and had holes and things and you had to watch every single step just like here and we said one thing we'd appreciate when we got back to the U.S. were good sidewalks!!

No comments:

Post a Comment